Saturday 14 November 2009

3D cakes







I also wanted to see how my designs would look on fabric, even though i consider myself to be paper based. I was pleased with how they looked, but i dont think it is something i will take further. I like the idea of using my designs within a branding situation and one of the things i thought about was making them 3D, so working with fabric enabled me to do this. I cut out the shapes of the cakes and added a patterned background before stitching it together with wadding in between. This made the cakes sqidgy and felt more like a toy, but because they are quite small i think that they could be used for key rings or something similar. Branding is something i would definitely like to take forward, either in this project if there is time or my final project.

No comments: