Friday 9 November 2007

Jewellery Elective



Whilst i was doing my Jewellery elective, i came across this artist, Linda Hull, who's work is similar to the pieces that i was creating (mine is below). I really like the boldness of her designs, yet they can easily be worn as costume jewellery, (she even commissions her work for the public, so that the pieces can match colours of clothes). I like the randomness of the designs and how each one is totally unique. I especially like the use of beads as it gives another dimension and they work with the colours of the wire that is used. I took inspiration from her work by adding the beads to my piece. I was very pleased with my brooch, especially with the colours i created just by heating it. i enjoyed doing my jewellery elective, as it has shown me some new techniques which i can use again in later work.

No comments: